Farewells

Hello my dear friend
Oh... where to start
Well, It's been quite some time
Since my whole life fell apart

And you were not there to see it
Nor to hug me while I cried

And I know I never told you
You got mad because of that
But sill wonder, should I have?
Cause I got the impression that
Our friendship wouldn't go further
Than any abandoned dead end path.

But please my friend
Oh please!
I beg you, don't get me wrong
I still love you, always will
And I swear I always have

But we are no longer twelve
And you're to accept we've grown apart
And this means I'd love a coffee
But not a day after day talk

Yet the memories are glowing
In the corners of our minds
Of long evenings in your room
Popcorns, movies, tons of laugh

And that day I'd always treasure
When we run free under the snow
And I felt the warmth of friendship
After so long in the cold

And don't worry my dear friend
Others did hug me when I was sad
And they loved me, made me cry
Showed me joy, made me laugh
Took my hand, held me tight
Kissed me long and showed me pride

Most are lost along the way
Some I still keep by my side
Cause the road is pretty long
But has never been so wide

And in the journey I'm in
There's no much time to look back
Even if it hurts to say farewells
To those I carry in my heart

But my backpack it's been too heavy
For so long
And my lungs are slowly sinking
Under the weight of what I own
And my heart it's been so damaged
From doing things I do not want
And my wings are kinda tired from helping everyone in need
But now I need them to take me
To the life I wanna own

Oh my friend
I'll be here
Maybe not as much as you want
Hope to see you when we're wiser
And full of stories to be told

Oh my friend
I love you so
And that's why I owe you the truth
I just get
To save one person
And that person
Is not you

Agnes Hightopp

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

El abrazo del Otoño

La Maldición del Caballero Azul

Carta a un profesor de literatura sobre la poesía