Forecast

Is there something wrong
Or is it just the weather
(How can you promise over something
That you know won't last forever?)

Is it the lack of sunlight 
In my skin that's making me crazy
Or is it the way people pick me
And then leave like a worn out sweater

I used to crave for the cold months
But my winters are growing colder
As I grow older and bolder
And the blanket of my naivety
No longer covers my shoulders

No presents under the tree
No tree at all, why bother?
No christmas lights on the entrance
For years now no one comes over

Is there something wrong
Or is it just the weather
That's freezing the air between
me and all the things I love

Or maybe it's just the loudness 
Of the heartbeats in my ribcage
that scare away all dauntless 
who dares to get close enough.

Agnes Hightopp

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

El abrazo del Otoño

La Maldición del Caballero Azul

Carta a un profesor de literatura sobre la poesía